Tuesday, May 5, 2015

Unit Fifteen: Tools, Tools and Tools, What Exactly Are tools?

Over the last few weeks I have loved learning about and getting to try a number of different technology tools I could use in my classroom.  For this week’s post I am taking a look at the scheduling tool Doodle.  In order to really learn about it I decided to use it.
A group of friends (5 couples) had been talking about going out for dinner together.  We exchanged a number of emails back and forth but never seemed to be able to settle on a date that worked for all of us.  I decided to give Doodle a try.
It was so simple to set up the event.  Created a name, entered my email and selected the possible dates.  Then I entered my friends email address and within minutes we scheduled a date.  So easy!
I think this tool would be useful for college students, but for academic and social uses.  Coordinating group projects meeting times, study sessions or other event dates.  There are a lot of features available with the Premium Doodle option, but I found the free version to be quick and easy and all I needed.
Another tool I recently used is Brainshark.  It allows you to create online and mobile video presentations.  I used it for another course to turn a PowerPoint slideshow into a video lecture with audio.  It was very easy to use, allowing for pauses in recording (so you don’t have to get it all right in one go).  It’s a big step up from a standard Power Point slideshow and very easy to use.  I think it could be of use to college students as well.

I posted a link to my final project in the last post.  I’ve since added my timeline, but there are still more revisions and additions to make before this weekend!

1 comment:

  1. We've used doodle quite a bit to schedule meetings, and I'm going to take a look at the Brainshark tool.
    Professor Evans

    ReplyDelete